Jialong HAN (韩家龙)
Senior Applied Scientist
Amazon, Seattle, United States
Email: jialonghan [AT] gmail [DOT] com
Jialong Han is a Senior Applied Scientist at Amazon. Prior to joining Amazon, he worked as a Senior Researcher at Tencent AI Lab and a postdoctoral Research Fellow at School of Computer Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. He earned his Ph.D. degree from Renmin University of China in 2015, under the supervision of Prof. Ji-Rong Wen. He obtained his B.E. degree also from Renmin University of China in 2010. His research interests include graph data mining & management and knowledge graph construction & applications.
We are hiring research interns throughout the year. If you are interested in both solving challenging industry problems and publishing at top venues related to knowledge graphs & natural language understanding, feel free to drop me an email.
- [New!] Zhengbao Jiang, Jialong Han, Bunyamin Sisman, Xin Luna Dong. Collective Relation Integration with Data Augmentation for Open Information Extraction. The 59th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL’21), pages 4706–4716.
- Changlong Yu, Jialong Han, Peifeng Wang, Yangqiu Song, Hongming Zhang, Wilfred Ng, Shuming Shi. When Hearst Is Not Enough: Improving Hypernymy Detection from Corpus with Distributional Models. The 2020 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP’20), pages 6208-6217.
- Changlong Yu, Jialong Han, Haisong Zhang, Wilfred Ng. Hypernymy Detection for Low-Resource Languages via Meta Learning. The 58th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL’20) (Short Paper), pages 3651-3656.
- Yu Duan, Canwen Xu, Jiaxin Pei, Jialong Han, Chenliang Li. Pre-Train and Plug-In: Flexible Conditional Text Generation with Variational Auto-Encoders. The 58th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL’20), pages 253-262.
- Jialong Han, Aixin Sun, Haisong Zhang, Chenliang Li, and Shuming Shi. CASE: Context-Aware Semantic Expansion. The 34th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI’20), pages 7871-7878.
- Canwen Xu, Feiyang Wang, Jialong Han, Chenliang Li. Exploiting Multiple Embeddings for Chinese Named Entity Recognition. The 28th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM’19) (Short Paper), pages 2269-2272.
- Peifeng Wang, Jialong Han, Chenliang Li, Rong Pan. Logic Attention Based Neighborhood Aggregation for Inductive Knowledge Graph Embedding. The 33rd AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI’19), pages 7152-7159.
- Dingmin Wang, Yan Song, Jing Li, Jialong Han, and Haisong Zhang. A Hybrid Approach to Automatic Corpus Generation for Chinese Spelling Check. The 2018 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP’18), pages 2517-2527.
- Minh C. Phan, Aixin Sun, Yi Tay, Jialong Han, and Chenliang Li. Pair-Linking for Collective Entity Disambiguation: Two Could Be Better Than All. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), volume 31 issue 7, pages 1383-1396.
- Jialong Han, Yan Song, Wayne Xin Zhao, Shuming Shi, Haisong Zhang. hyperdoc2vec: Distributed Representations of Hypertext Documents. The 56th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL’18), pages 2384-2394. [pdf]
- Miaofeng Liu, Jialong Han, Haisong Zhang, and Yan Song. Domain Adaptation for Disease Phrase Matching with Adversarial Networks. BioNLP Workshop, co-located with The 56th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL-BioNLP’18), pages 137-141.
Xin Zheng, Jialong Han, Aixin Sun. A Survey of Location Prediction on Twitter. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), volume 30 issue 9, pages 1652-1671.
Yequan Wang, Aixin Sun, Jialong Han, Ying Liu, and Xiaoyan Zhu. Sentiment Analysis by Capsules. The Web Conference 2018 (WWW’18), pages 1165-1174. [pdf]
Jialong Han, Aixin Sun, Gao Cong, Wayne Xin Zhao, Zongcheng Ji, and Minh C. Phan. Linking Fine-Grained Locations in User Comments. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), volume 30 issue 1, pages 59-72. [pdf]
Wayne Xin Zhao, Ningnan Zhou, Aixin Sun, Ji-Rong Wen, Jialong Han, and Edward Chang. A Time-Aware Trajectory Embedding Model for Next-Location Recommendation. Knowledge and Information Systems (KAIS), volume 56 issue 3, pages 559-579.
Xin Zheng, Aixin Sun, Sibo Wang, and Jialong Han. Semi-Supervised Event-related Tweet Identification with Dynamic Keyword Generation. The 26th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM’17), pages 1619-1628. [pdf]
Minh C. Phan, Aixin Sun, Yi Tay, Jialong Han, and Chenliang Li. NeuPL: Attention-based Semantic Matching and Pair-Linking for Entity Disambiguation. The 26th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM’17), pages 1667-1676.
Zongcheng Ji, Aixin Sun, Gao Cong, and Jialong Han. Joint Recognition and Linking of Fine-Grained Locations from Tweets. The 25th World Wide Web Conference (WWW’16), pages 1271-1281.
Jialong Han, Qinglei Wang, Naoki Orii, Zhicheng Dou, Tetsuya Sakai, and Ruihua Song. Microsoft Research Asia at the NTCIR-9 Intent Task. NTCIR-9 workshop meeting (NTCIR 9), pages 116–122, 2011. [pdf]
Jiaheng Lu, Jialong Han, and Xiaofeng Meng. Efficient Algorithms for Approximate Member Extraction Using Signature-based Inverted Lists. The 18th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM’09), pages 315–324. [pdf]
APWeb-WAIM’19, WSDM’22, KDD’22 (Applied Data Science Track).
APWeb’16, IJCAI’16, NLPCC’16, AIRS’16, APWeb-WAIM’17 (Research & Demo), NLPCC’17, SMP’17, CIKM’17 (Research & Demo), ADMA’17, AIRS’17, APWeb-WAIM’18, NLPCC’18 (Chinese & English Tracks), CCL’18, BigData’18, EMNLP’18, AAAI’19, KDD’19 (Applied Data Science Track), APWeb-WAIM’19, ACL’19, BigData’19, EMNLP’19, CIKM’19, AIRS’19, AAAI’20, IJCAI’20, KDD’20 (Applied Data Science Track), SIGIR’20 (Research & Demo), IJCAI-PRICAI’20, ACL-IJCNLP’21, IJCAI-ECAI’22, SIGIR’22, ACL Rolling Review (Since Jan. 2022).
TOIS, Information Sciences, TKDE, DSE, JASIST, WWWJ.
CIKM’12, SIGIR’13, AAAI’13, KDD’13, CIKM’13, WWW’14, AAAI’15, KDD’15, ICDM’15, AAAI’16, WWW’16, DASFAA’16, SIGMOD’16, KDD’16, CIKM’16, EMNLP’16, WSDM’17, AAAI’17, SIGIR’17, COLING’18.
I feel fortunate to have worked with those excellent students:
- Xiyuan Chen (Stanford University)
- Zhengbao Jiang (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Songlin Zhai (Northeastern University, China)
- Changlong Yu (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology)
- Peifeng Wang (Sun Yat-sen University → University of Southern California)
- National Scholarship for Graduates, Ministry of Education, 2014
- MSRA Fellowship Nomination Award, Microsoft Research Asia, 2012
- Outstanding Graduate of Beijing, Beijing Municipal Commission of Education, 2010
- First Prize, National Olympiad in Informatics, Jiangsu, China, 2005